Firework Safety Tips
To ensure your fireworks experience is safe and enjoyable for everyone, always follow the manufacturer’s instruction printed on the fireworks label. In addition, follow these recommended guidelines:
- Be knowledgeable of the fireworks rules and regulations in YOUR particular region.
- To meet the highest safety standards possible, always purchase your fireworks from a reliable fireworks dealer.
- Ask the fireworks dealer any questions you may have so that you fully understand the product’s directions.
- Only adults over the age of 18 should be responsible for handling fireworks.
- Only light one firework at a time, away from your face or body.
- DO NOT SMOKE when lighting fireworks.
- When lighting fireworks using safety eye glasses is recommended.
- Only discharge fireworks outside and far away from combustible materials.
- Always keep a hose or pail of water nearby.
- Make sure onlookers are at a safe distance as outlined on the firework’s warning label.
- Do not attempt to re-light a ‘dud’. Place them in a pail of water for 30 minutes before disposing.
- Upon completion of your fireworks show, wait 30 minutes to dispose of any used fireworks and fully clean up the area.
- Always read the warning label in it’s entirety!
Have fun and enjoy!